Although I realize I’m stating the obvious, I just thought I’d say IT’S HOT. Like 111 degrees hot. Like takes your breath away hot. Like watch movies on the cool tile floors with the shades down hot. It’s so hot here in the Valley, that the hummingbirds who frequent my feeder, are panting—literally. Here’s what I’m sipping on to beat the heat: sparkling apple cider vinegar limeade, made with fresh ginger, stevia, and soda water from my SodaStream.
You know it’s hot when you don’t have an appetite, or even really a desire to drink water, which is why this sparkling apple cider vinegar limeade is so dang good; I’m hydrating, but also putting some quality ingredients into my body. I like tons of freshly squeezed lime juice in mine, it makes me feel like I’m on vacation. You can easily add more lime juice or lemon juice according to your taste!
The benefits of apple cider vinegar range from digestion, to weight loss, to hair care, to providing antioxidants. You can also use it in baking, salad dressings, smoothies, and teas. It is essentially, an all-in-one magic liquid that I always keep stocked in my pantry. And in this heat-busting spritzer, it gives just the right amount of flavor and tang.
Sparkling Apple Cider Vinegar Limeade
- 1 lime- juiced or more if you’re like me
- ½ lemon- juiced
- 3 drops stevia
- ½ tsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp freshly grated ginger I used the frozen cubes from Trader Joes
- Sparkling water- I used my SodaStream but have also used a can of LaCroix
- Fill a glass with ice, pour in all the ingredients and give it a good stir. I sliced up an extra lime for looks, which is totally optional, but is fun to drink. Stay cool out there!