My mom was the first person to introduce me to the idea of sheet pan dinners. It’s a no-hassle, easy method to get a complete meal on the table, with minimal dishes, and even less work. With this sheet pan cauliflower gnocchi, you get protein, carbs, healthy fats, tons of yummy garlic, and roasted veggies. Sounds good right?
Before you get intimidated by this sheet pan cauliflower gnocchi, let me say this: Trader Joes. Yep this cauliflower gnocchi is in no way homemade; it comes from the frozen section of your local TJ’s and it is so good! So cut open a bag, rinse a can of chickpeas, toss in your broccoli and you are more than halfway to a delicious meal.
As with most of my recipes, feel free to customize your sheet pan cauliflower gnocchi. I chose broccoli florets, but you could use any combination of veggies you like! Chunky pieces of zucchini, cauliflower, peppers, would all be yummy additions to this recipe. My boyfriend topped his with grilled salmon and loved it. So have fun (and save time) and eat healthy!
Sheet Pan Cauliflower Gnocchi
- 1 bag Trader Joes frozen cauliflower gnocchi
- 2 heads of broccoli- washed and cut into florets
- ¼ red onion- diced
- 6 large cloves of garlic- unpeeled
- 1 can chickpeas- rinsed very well
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- Sprinkle of salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Chili flakes to taste
- 1 lemon
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Pour all of the ingredients, minus the toppings, onto a rimmed baking sheet. Rub the avocado oil around with your hands to coat everything.
- Bake 20 minutes, stirring once halfway through. Use a metal spatula and slide it carefully along the bottom to stir, the gnocchi will be mushed otherwise.
- Add the walnuts to the pan for the final 3 minutes.
- Once the gnocchi is done, peel the roasted garlic and top each portion with a generous squeeze of lemon and fresh parmesan cheese.