When it rains it pours, as the saying goes. Yesterday I had a quiet day of baking, making soup, and learning lines for an audition. Today I have three back to back auditions and 12 pages to memorize in a couple hours. So, I’m taking deep breaths and making this 20 minute green goddess pasta for lunch, because even though I’m crazy busy, I refuse to compromise on my meals.
What I love about this 20 minute green goddess pasta (besides the fact that it’s ready in 20 minutes!!): it is jam packed with crunchy, fresh veggies, plant based protein from the lentil pasta, and tastes fresh and creamy. What more could you want from one bowl?
I used green peppers, cucumbers, broccoli—which cooks in the pasta water, an avocado, and tons of fresh cilantro in today’s 20 minute green goddess pasta. Kale would be an awesome addition, or a handful of chopped spinach. Get creative and use what you have!
20 Minute Green Goddess Pasta
- 16 oz dry lentil pasta I used 2 8oz boxes of fusilli
- 1 head broccoli
- 1 avocado
- 1 green bell pepper
- 2 Persian cucumbers
- 2 green onions
- ¼ of one red onion
- 1 lemon- juiced
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ cup fresh cilantro
- 2 tbsp seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp salt
- ½ tsp dried dill weed
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. While waiting for the water to boil, dice the bell pepper, onion, cucumbers, green onions, and avocado. Mince the garlic and roughly chop the cilantro.
- Once the water boils, add in the salt, followed by the pasta. Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the box. After you’ve added the pasta, wash and cut the broccoli into florets. When the pasta has 3 minutes left to cook, add in the broccoli florets.
- Drain the pasta and broccoli then run them under cold water. Scoop the pasta and broccoli into a large mixing bowl, along with all the cut veggies. Pour in the lemon juice, olive oil, rice vinegar, and a sprinkle of dried dill. Stir well.
- Taste, and season with more salt as needed (I didn’t need any). Serve cold and enjoy!