I first stumbled upon a version of these flourless magic muffins a few years ago, but when I made them, I was thoroughly unimpressed. Fast forward to last week when I was scrolling through Pinterest, and I again saw a recipe touting the wonders of these muffins. So I decided to tackle these flourless magic muffins and make them to my own (extremely high) breakfast standards.
The star of this recipe for flourless magic muffins, is the nut butter. I strongly recommend making your own nut butters; it is ridiculously easy, cheap, and above all, tastes like a dream. If you’re new to the blog, welcome, and go check out my recipe for homemade nut butter. My favorite combination to date was hazelnut, walnut, almond, pecan, with cinnamon and ginger. Store-bought works just as great, make sure it is the natural kind with just nuts and salt.
The reason I’m calling these flourless magic muffins? Well, because they’re magic, and I don’t have any other words to describe the phenomenon. You will not believe what comes out of the oven. Banana, eggs, nut butter, plus a few other ingredients, turn into bread. I know, it’s crazy. Another great feature? These muffins are super forgiving; I have made these many times without measuring anything, and they always turn out great.
Prep these flourless magic muffins for breakfast, snack, or dessert! And be prepared to devour the entire batch.
Flourless Magic Muffins
- 2 ripe bananas- mashed
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup nut butter peanut or almond butter
- ¼ cup flax meal
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp honey
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- Dark chocolate chips for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a standard muffin tin with paper muffin liners or silicone molds.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mash the bananas, then whisk in the eggs, followed by the nut butter. Once the batter is relatively smooth, add in the rest of the ingredients.
- Ladle in the batter, filling the muffin tins all the way to the top. Use all the batter. Top with chocolate chips if using.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until deeply golden brown around the edges.
- Let rest in the muffin tin for 5 minutes before transferring the muffins to a cooling rack.
- Enjoy with a smear of butter, honey, jam, or as is! Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week, or in the freezer for 1 month. Scroll down to leave a comment with your favorite toppings!
2 thoughts on “Flourless Magic Muffins”
i’m big food lover, amazing post!